Sunday, February 8, 2009

Adventures of Motherhood

Did I say I had nothing to blog about last week? Well the day after(last Monday) that all changed. It has taken me a few days to be able to blog about it. My title to my blog is actually the theme for my MOPS program this year. Too fitting. I had just come in from playing outside with the boys to take a batch of cupcakes out of the of when the next thing I know I hear one of the boys standing behind me whimpering but not crying. I guessed that he was upset for me coming into the house without properly informing him. The next thing I hear is "momma, I'm bleeding". Of course I whip around to see blood pouring down on my kitchen floor. Somehow I calmly come up with the idea to sit him down in a chair and wrap a cold wet hand towel around it to get it to stop bleeding. Did I mentioned I had been cleaning and cooking all day? No hair done, no make up, clothes that a 6 mth pregnant woman does not want to be seen in. Did I also mention that Clark had taken the car seats to town with him in his pick-up? That was okay because I did want him to look at it and tell me what he thought. He thought it was just a scratch. My motherly instinct wouldn't allow me not to take him to the doctor to at least let them clean it up and make sure we are up to date on our tetanus shot. This was important since he cut it on a piece of metal outside. So Carsyn and I all by my pregnant self head into town. To make a long story short, the doctor told us he definitely needed stitches.(see poor quality picture below) 6 to be exact. The worst part was the numbing shot where he screamed "I'm going to kick somebody, I'm going to kick somebody" while he did indeed try to kick me and the doctor giving the shot. After that he was his normal chatty self. Momma got a little hot and had to sit down in order not to pass out from the adrenaline rush she had just experienced. I calmly stated that pregnancy and stitches did not mix and they began turning down that air conditioner. I've decided if I'm going to be the mother of 3 boys, I had better get use to stitches, broken bones, and other gory things.
Another picture of the boys. Notice how they both are wearing two right or two left boots. Why is this so hard to learn? Doesn't it hurt?

Another pose for those two blog stalkers that I have. They look so grown up here.


3 comments:

Shelley said...

Poor Baby! They are so cute :)

Tonya said...

They are DEFINATELY looking like little men. How precious. I LOVE their outfits.

Vicki said...

Man, those last two pictures make you forget about them being hand fulls!! Oh wait, maybe that's just me....

Glad everyone's okay!