Sunday, March 30, 2008

New arrivals!



After months and months of anticipation, our Maine Anjou babies have finally arrived. We were hoping for two heifers but got one heifer and one bull calf. KaChow(heifer) and Mater(bull) are their names(Tonya specifically asked this question). Hopefully, Mater can find a good home and visit the State Fair next year. Otherwise, he might just end up in my freezer. I never could say no to a good steak. The boys love to take care of these calves. They are able to look out their bedroom window and see them in the pen. Notice the "Cars" influenced names! Carsyn did inform me when we were talking about Mater's color that "Lightning McQueen is red momma, not mater". Oh well! Just thought I would post pictures since many of you have heard me go on and on about when and how they were going to get here. Now you can put a face with a name. Still expecting one more Limousin baby and then I'm done with calving this season. Thank Goodness!

No comments: