Friday, August 15, 2008

Why I Love Full Moons!

My sorry excuse for a camera doesn't even begin to show the beauty of this full moon.
Hint: Readers, this is a blatant hint that I am in desperate need of a new camera. My birthday is coming up and so is Christmas. LOL!
WHY I LOVE FULL MOONS!

1) It provides the perfect setting for reading this new Stephanie Meyer's series that involves vampires and werewolves.

2) It gives me a great laugh that whoever chose to do tax free weekend at the same time as a full moon just gave people an excuse to act even crazier this weekend while trying to save their 8.5%.

3) Animals love to have their babies when there is a full moon and I am expecting a few any day now. I will be up tomorrow morning looking for new baby calves.

4) This still provides me with great pleasure. While I was pregnant and on bed rest for 10 week straight, I could count on a full moon providing me with an excuse to make a rushed trip to the hospital. It never failed...I went into pre-term labor. Now don't get me wrong, I wanted healthy babies but after laying in bed for a couple of weeks, I was beginning to question my sanity. This was my body's way of saying "nah, nah boo-boo" at that doctor who said I had to lay in bed all the time. One of the last time I went in during a full moon, half the town of Brownwood was in the hospital having babies. I offered to labor in the waiting room with my monitors but since I was having twins, some other poor woman had to labor in there. Oh yeah, and a baby was born right beside us in the triage room during all this. Nothing but a thin curtain separating us...you should have seen Clark's face.

5) The boys and I call the moon a night light for all the animals so Cutter is happy that his cows have a full moon since he too is scared of the dark.


No comments: